Keynote speaking and events
Jo Formosa is an engaging and natural speaker, and health and wellbeing has been her passion well before she started practising Ayurvedic medicine 25 years ago. Jo helps people get back to great health naturally and knows firsthand what it’s like to be in ill health.
AYURVEDA: NATURAL HEALING Playing a lot sport when she was a teenager, Jo represented Queensland and Australia at a high level. But when she was 14 she ruptured a disc and seriously injured her back. She spent months in rehabilitation and months without playing any sport. Later, when she was training for hammer throwing for the Sydney 2000 Olympics, she injured it severely again. Determined to mend the natural way, Jo saw practitioner Wesley Clarke who helped her to recover naturally. “I was so inspired by him that I wanted to do what he did to help people. What do they say: ‘Your profession chooses you’?.”
HEALTHY CAREER CHOICES That was the start of her healthy career choice. Her foray into acupuncture happened the same way. She’d had an ankle injury that was not getting any better using the conservative method of physio. So she tried acupuncture and in one session noticed it was 70 per cent better. Jo then went to study this as well. It was after she met a doctor who was talking about Ayurveda at a conference that it all made sense – it was like Ayurveda filled in the gaps that Chinese medicine was not. As Ayurveda was the first medicine and then Chinese medicine was derived from that, all the pieces of the puzzle were coming together. Jo studied with three Ayurvedic doctors who gave different angles and health models, which gave her a grounded approach to healthcare.
FORGING A NEW PATH WITH AYURVEDA As there was nowhere to practice Ayurveda, Jo forged a new path, leading the way to set up one of the first Ayurvedic clinics in Australia. Now she helps people all over world get back to great health through alternative treatments and medicine: Including Ayurveda, remedial massage, acupuncture and neuro-strategies. As well as being the clinical director and founder of Back2Health, in Brisbane, Australia, Jo takes great pride in keeping a hands-on role as an accomplished practitioner of Ayurveda, acupuncture, remedial massage and neuro-strategy.
QUALIFICATIONS AND LEARNING Jo is an advocate of continual learning and has ongoing mentoring by three renowned Ayurvedic Doctors: Dr Smita Naram and Dr S. Ajit and Dr Rajen Coopan. In addition, she has completed:
- Diploma of Applied Science in Acupuncture
- Diploma of Remedial Therapy
- Certificate IV in Ayurvedic Lifestyle Consulting
- Foundation Training in Clinical Ayurveda.
Jo has also obtained management and post-graduate training in haemaview, bio-impedance testing and functional pathology testing.
SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES Regularly attending professional seminars and conferences to keep up to date with the latest research, Jo also writes articles on health and wellness and presents at public and corporate seminars on complementary medicine, health issues and wellness.
CORPORATE HEALTH Jo has helped thousands of people get back to health, and has also been commissioned by multi-million-dollar companies to execute corporate health plans and help employees and executives lead better and healthier lives so they are more productive at work.
She speaks on the topics of:
- The 6 stages of disease – When you understand the stages of disease you can understand the quickest way to get back on the path to health and wellness.
- Understanding your body type – If you know who you are you can stop trying to be someone else. This is the best way forward to a healthy life.
- Dealing with stress – Corporate health and wellness strategies to increase productivity in your team and, in turn, increase profit.
- Detox to better health – Detoxing through Ayurvedic practices is one of the most tried and tested methods to help rid our bodies of unwanted waste and toxins.
- Why your digestive system improves your health – Knowing ways to improve your digestion will lead to great improvements in your overall health.
- Why we get chronic pain – Understand the cause of your chronic pain and learn how to correct the imbalances before they manifest.
- Food as medicine – Learning how to use food as your medicine is an effective and easy way to help you achieve the optimum weight you desire, now and for the long term.
BOOK JO FORMOSA Known for her gentle and calming approach, Jo is considered an expert in her field. If you would like to book Jo Formosa for your next event as keynote speaker or panellist, please get in touch with her on firstname.lastname@example.org.